Celebrate Cinco de Mayo all Weekend at Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant
May 3, 2023
Food and drink specials and free entertainment Friday-Sunday
DURANT, Okla., (May 3, 2023) – Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant is celebrating Cinco de Mayo all weekend long. Join us Friday, May 5 – Sunday, May 7, for food and drink specials and live musical entertainment.
Cinco de Mayo Margaritas. Kick off the weekend with the ultimate margarita walk. Visit one or all of these five venues for a specialty margarita and receive a free Don Julio Cinco de Mayo souvenir cup while supplies last.
- Gilley’s – Rodeo Rita
- The Reserve – Grapefruit Jalapeno Margarita
- Mason Jar Bar – Frozen Watermelon Rita
- Prizm Lounge – Mango Margarita
- The League – Prickly Pear Margarita
Let’s Talk Tacos. Cinco de Mayo wouldn’t be complete without tacos. So, enjoy delicious tacos at three convenient locations:
- Grand Café is serving soft tortillas stuffed with house-smoke brisket tacos, pico de gallo, cilantro lime cabbage, avocado, cheddar cheese, and queso fresco, topped with chipotle BBQ for $17.
- The League will have Chile-braised pork topped with cilantro, pickled red onion, and cotija cheese for $17.
- A taco bar with al pastor and chicken street tacos for $4 each will be poolside at AQUA (exclusive to resort hotel guests) from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Music and More. The weekend Cinco de Mayo celebration is filled with sports and musical entertainment for everyone.
Friday, May 5
- Ryder Grimes will perform at Gilley’s from 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Grimes was raised in the rural northeast Texas town of Poetry. On stage, since he was 11 years old, he grew up with a love and passion for country music.
- And Eric Lee will bring down the house at Guy’s from 10 p.m. to Midnight. Lee creates vocally driven songs with heart and soul and is a unique voice in country music.
Saturday, May 6:
- DJ music will keep the party upbeat at AQUA, and DJ 13lackbeard, a Dallas-based DJ known for his unique mix of House, electro, rock, country and hip-hop, will keep the music going poolside from 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Resort hotel guests can also enjoy a Don Julio Tequila sampling by the pool.
- The Kentucky Derby happens only once a year, and The League sports bar is the perfect place to wager and watch the horses run. Guests can win their share of $5,000 in Free Play.
- The League sports bar is also perfect for catching the Canelo vs. Ryder fight at 8 p.m. and the UFC 288 fight at 9 p.m.
- Members Only will take you back to the 1980s. This high-energy ‘80s cover band will have everyone singing and dancing. Members Only will be at Gilley’s at 9:30 p.m.
- If ‘80s music is not your style, check out Joe Baker at Guy’s from 10 p.m. to Midnight.
Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant is located at 4216 US 69/75 in Durant, Okla. Visit https://www.choctawcasinos.com/durant/ for more information.
About Choctaw Casino & Resort in Durant, Okla.
Located an hour north of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant is a AAA Four Diamond casino resort, entertainment and convention destination in southeastern Oklahoma. The casino has more than 7,400 slot machines, table games, a poker room, and a large non-smoking casino. The resort offers more than 100,000 square feet of meeting and convention space and seats more than 3,000 at the Academy of Country Music (ACM) award-winning Grand Theater. The resort also includes more than 1,600 luxurious rooms and suites, 16 restaurants, 20 bars and lounges, six retail stores, two fitness centers, a spa, and two outdoor pools and a water park. The family-friendly District offers guests 20 bowling lanes, a 6-screen premier movie theater, 70 arcade games and dining options. Additionally, guests can enjoy the 30-camper KOA Choctaw RV Park located across from the casino. For more information, visit choctawcasinos.com.