Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant Named Number One Dining Option in Oklahoma by Casino Player Magazine’s Best of Dining & Nightlife 2023
June 19, 2023
Choctaw Casino & Resort - Durant Receives Top Honors in 11 Categories
DURANT, OKLA. (June 16, 2023) – Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant was recognized in 11 categories by the readers of Casino Player magazine’s Best of Dining & Nightlife 2023, including receiving top honors for “Best Overall Dining” in Oklahoma. Casino Player’s Best of Dining & Nightlife focuses on casino offerings that fall outside of gaming that are an integral part of the guest experience.
“We are grateful to the readers of Casino Player magazine for recognizing our efforts across the board in so many categories. We understand that our guests have many entertainment options available to them today and we have made a conscious effort to meet their elevated expectations at our flagship property, Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant,” said Jeff Penz, senior director of casino operations for Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant. “The fact these awards were selected by our guests prove we are doing something right.”
Best of Dining & Nightlife 2023 first place awards for Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant include:
- Best Overall Dining There’s something for everyone on the menu at Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant, where guests can experience everything from fine dining at the award-winning 1832 Steakhouse or elect to go more casual at one of eight additional restaurants on the property (and more on the way in summer 2023). The variety, service, and quality make the dining experience one to remember.
- Best Steakhouse, 1832 Steakhouse With scenic views and award-winning food, you really can’t go wrong at 1832 Steakhouse. Located in the Sky Tower, the elevated fine dining experience includes excellent service, delicious steak and seafood dishes, and a vast menu of fine wines. Guests are made to “feel like a VIP at every visit.”
- Best Asian, Bamboo Noodle Bar With top notch cuisine, Bamboo Noodle Bar makes fresh, made-to-order Asian dishes from Vietnam, China, Korea, and Thailand, bringing a taste of Asia right next to the games.
- Best Desserts, Grand Bakery Open 24 hours, Grand Bakery offers a delectable array of 30 handmade desserts for whenever the craving for a sweet treat arises.
- Best Place to People Watch, Prizm Lounge Prizm Lounge has a beautiful atmosphere and an open layout right on the casino floor, making it the perfect place for people watching.
- Best Place to Celebrate, 1832 Steakhouse Fine dining with 1832 Steakhouse is the perfect destination for a special celebration with phenomenal food, service, and ambiance. Located in the non-smoking Sky Tower, 1832 brings fine dining to a different level.
- Best Late-Night Dining, Grand Café The Grand Café serves typical American food with an international twist. Located in the Grand Casino, it’s an easy late-night stop.
- Best Bar, Mason Jar Bar This speakeasy-style bar serves drinks made by the best bartenders in town. Order your favorite drink or sample a creative cocktail crafted by expert mixologists.
- Best After-Hours Spot, Red River Lounge Red River Lounge is a full-service bar with an extensive selection of beer, wine, and spirits, making it the perfect place to enjoy a refreshing beverage at the end of the evening.
- Best Craft Beer Selection, North Brew Beer is on the go at North Brew in the Grand Casino with a grab-and-go style and a large selection of craft beer.
- Best Overall Entertainment From premier concerts at the Grand Theater and other free live music offerings, to poolside DJs, and more, there is always something to experience at Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant.
About Choctaw Casino & Resort in Durant, Okla.
Located an hour north of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant is a AAA Four Diamond casino resort, entertainment and convention destination in southeastern Oklahoma. The casino has more than 7,400 slot machines, table games, a poker room, and a large non-smoking casino. The resort offers more than 100,000 square feet of meeting and convention space and seats more than 3,000 at the Academy of Country Music (ACM) award-winning Grand Theater. The resort also includes more than 1,600 luxurious rooms and suites, 16 restaurants, 20 bars and lounges, six retail stores, two fitness centers, a spa, and two outdoor pools and a water park. The family-friendly District offers guests 20 bowling lanes, a 6-screen premier movie theater, 70 arcade games and dining options. Additionally, guests can enjoy the 30-camper KOA Choctaw RV Park located across from the casino. For more information, visit choctawcasinos.com.