At home with Choctaw – Shrimp Ceviche
May 1, 2020
Our own Executive Chef Mike has an easy Shrimp Ceviche recipe that you can make at home. Full recipe can be found below.
- 2 lbs Shrimp – Raw, Defrosted – Peeled, Tails Off
- 12 fl.oz Lime Juice – Fresh Squeezed
- 6 fl.oz Orange Juice – Fresh Squeezed
- 1 Cup Oranges – Diced, No Peel or Pith
- 1 Cup Red Onion – Sm Dice
- 1 Pint Tomatoes – Sm Dice
- 4 ea Garlic Cloves – Minced
- 1 Cup Cilantro – Minced (Adjust Quantity to Taste)
- 1 ea Jalapeno – Thinly Sliced (Adjust Quantity to Taste)
- 1 ea Serrano Chiles – Thinly Sliced (Adjust Quantity to Taste)
- 1 ea Fresno Chiles – Thinly Sliced (Adjust Quantity to Taste)
- 1 fl.oz Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Place Shrimp in Water and cook for 1-2min. Remove from water with a slotted spoon. Transfer to paper towels and allow to cool.
Once Cool, slice into ½” pcs and place in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine all remaining ingredients to create the Ceviche Marinade. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
Pour the ceviche marinade over the par cooked shrimp. Use a spoon and toss to combine. Cover the bowl of Ceviche and place in fridge for 30min to 3hrs depending on desired level of doneness.
Finally, transfer the finished Ceviche to a serving bowl, garnish with cilantro, chiles and lime wedges. Serve immediately.