Choctaw Casinos & Resorts Commitment to Safety
Our Commitment to Safety and Reduced Risk
At Choctaw Casinos & Resorts, the health and safety of our guests, associates and community is our top priority. As we reopen, we are taking every measure necessary to ensure you feel safe and comfortable.
To enhance cleanliness and minimize risk, we have implemented new procedures following public health guidance and industry best practices. This includes limiting capacity, practicing social distancing and increasing hygiene and sanitation practices. Associates will be required to wear masks, and gloves will be required for specific positions. Masks will also be available to guests.
We will continue to monitor COVID-19 data and be proactive in our approach to operating responsibly and with an abundance of caution.
- Guest Safety Measures
- Casino & Property Safety Measures
- Associate Safety Measures
- Frequently Asked Questions
- For More Information
Guest Safety Measures
- Sanitation wipes will be available throughout the property.
- Masks will be available, but not required, for guests.
- Acrylic separation panels will be installed at all transaction areas.
- Guests will be encouraged to practice social distancing of at least six feet-separation in all parts of the property (including line queue).
- Guests will be encouraged to avoid congregating in large groups.
- Amenities like the spa, cinema, bowling and arcade will have reduced capacity and may require reservations.
Casino & Property Safety Measures
General Safety Measures
- Restaurant tables, slot machines and other social layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing.
- Any areas where guests or associates are required to create a line will be marked for appropriate social distancing. This will include areas such as hotel check-in, elevator lobbies, coffee shops, casual dining, kiosks, and rewards club.
Parking and Transportation
- Valet and shuttle service may be suspended until further notice.
- Gaming positions will be reduced where necessary to promote guest and associate safety.
- Table games/poker chair counts at tables will decrease for physical separation between guests, and tables in use will be staggered.
- The District arcade games, where applicable, will be out of service or reconfigured for physical separation between guests.
Restaurants & Bars
- All food and beverage outlets will adjust layouts and have reduced seating to ensure appropriate social distancing.
- Approximately every other bar stool will be removed from use in all bars.
- Self-service kiosks will be implemented at quick-serve venues where possible.
- Guests who use a self-service drink stations will be asked to use a new cup each time.
*Our food safety protocols follow recommendations from the National Restaurant Association (NRA) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Our Food & Beverage team follows enhanced sanitation guidelines that meet or exceed guidelines from NRA, FDA and the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH). Food & Beverage associates will receive further COVID-19 and ServSafe Food Manager Certification training.
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing will be increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including check-in desks, bell desks, elevators, door handles, public restrooms, room keys, locks, ATMs, escalator handrails, casino cage counters, slot machines, table games, dining surfaces, kiosks and seating areas.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be readily available in high traffic areas throughout our facilities.
- The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning will be increased to maximize the fresh air exchange. UV disinfecting lights will be in use at select properties.
- Pool seating will be configured to allow for at least six feet distancing between every family or those traveling together.
- Occupancy limits for the pool will be lowered in order to maintain proper social distancing measures.
- We recommend to our guests and associates that the elevator’s capacity should not exceed four guests or associates, except for families traveling together.
- All elevator button panels and rails will be cleaned and sanitized at regular intervals.
Hotel Room Cleaning
- We follow industry-leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols to clean guest rooms, with particular attention to high touch items including remote controls, toilet seats and handles, doors, furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, alarm clocks, luggage racks, and flooring.
- The products used to clean our guest rooms meet all CDC requirements for all bacteria and viruses, including COVID-19.
Associate Safety Measures
Specific protocols to ensure the health and safety of our associates
- Associates are required to complete health attestations before they report to work each day.
- Associates who exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19 while on property are asked to notify their manager, asked to leave immediately and seek medical treatment.
- Associates will be required to practice social distancing from guests and other associates whenever possible.
- Workstations may be modified to practice social distancing protocol.
Associate Sanitation Standards
- Associates will be required to wear a mask.
- Associates will be provided with detailed instructions on how to wear, handle and dispose of face masks properly.
- Acrylic separation panels will be positioned at designated point of sale terminals throughout our properties.
- Associates in guest-facing touchpoints that are less than six feet apart will utilize every other workstation to ensure separation between associates and guest lines where applicable (including Hotel Desks, Rewards Club Desks, Cage and Check Cashing desks and F&B terminals).
- Any area where guests or associates are required to create a line will be marked for appropriate social distancing (including check-in/out, elevator lobbies, coffee shops, casual dining and kiosks).
- All associates will be given clear instructions on how to respond to and report any presumed case of COVID-19 on property.
- All associates returning to the workplace will receive training before returning including, but not limited to, Coronavirus Hygiene, Coronavirus Signs & Symptoms, and What to Expect When You Return to the Workplace.
- All associates will receive training on department-specific safety and sanitation protocols.
- Associates will be given clear directions on how to respond quickly and appropriately to all presumed cases of coronavirus.
- Associates will practice social distancing protocols in the back of house areas, including breakrooms and other associate areas
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing will be increased in high traffic back of house areas including associate dining rooms, associate entrances, uniform control rooms, associate restrooms, loading docks, offices, kitchens, security scanning podiums, HR service desks, Gaming Commission lobby, training classrooms, lockers and key watchmen.
- Associate dining areas will allow for to-go options when possible to maintain lower occupancy in the area.
- Shared tools and equipment will be sanitized before, during, and after each shift or anytime the equipment is transferred to a another associate (includes lockers, phones, radios, computers, key/card printers, payment terminals, kitchen equipment, engineering and maintenance tools, folios, time clocks and all other direct contact items used throughout a property).
Resort & Amenities
Choctaw Casinos & Resorts is looking forward to welcoming back our associates and guests. We’ve missed you. For the safety of our associates and guests, we must be very intentional about how we reopen our casinos. We are working toward a phased opening of our Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant. Our plan is to open the Durant Casino first to fine tune our new safety processes and procedures before opening the rest of our casinos on June 1.
- May 27 at 10 a.m. – Opening of the casino in Durant
- May 29 – Opening of the hotel and other amenities such as the pool in Durant
- June 1 at 10 a.m. – All other casinos and resorts will open
To ensure the safety of our patrons at our Casinos and Resorts we will close daily between 4 a.m. and 7 a.m.
Occupancy levels will vary by property to protect the safety of our associates and guests. If occupancy limits are reached, you may be asked to wait outside the building until your opportunity to enter. If entrances are restricted, proper signage will be posted.
Valet and large-scale venues have been temporarily suspended at this time. Self-serve or buffet style food will be suspended or modified and replaced by alternative service styles.
We will begin taking reservations for hotel stays at all three resort properties right away. Guests can stay at the Durant location beginning on May 29 and all other locations will begin June 1.
All hotels follow a 24-hour cancellation policy.
Guests should expect some changes to our smoking policies as we reopen.
- May 27 – The Durant casino will reopen with a smoke-free south casino. This begins at Guy Fieri’s Kitchen + Bar and goes through The District.
- June 1 – Choctaw Casino Too! locations will open without smoking.
While Choctaw Casinos & Resorts will have face masks readily available for guests, they are not a requirement. Guests may be asked to lower their face masks for identification purposes. Out of abundance of caution and the recommendation from local and federal health authorities, all associates will be required to wear a face mask at this time.
Gaming and Reward Club Information
Your Players Club card will remain active, and your tier status will be maintained until September 30, 2020.
New offers will be issued following our standard business practices once we resume operations.
Your Choctaw Rewards Club account will be maintained until September 30, 2020. Points accumulated before the temporary closure can be redeemed as usual.
Guests can access the win-loss statement form here, choctawcasinos.com/rewards
We are extending the expiration date for slot machine cash out vouchers that expired in March 2020 to 30 days after we re-open.
Management will continue to monitor public health and safety guidelines and will resume entertainment operations once large gatherings are allowed.
If you purchased tickets through Ticketmaster and prefer to receive a refund now, you must request one by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-653-8000. We encourage you to hold on to your tickets, though, as they will be honored for the rescheduled date. Ticketmaster is the official ticketing agent for the Choctaw Grand Theater. All other ticket sellers are considered third party agencies. Third party ticket sellers may have a refund policy. You should reach out to that company directly for more information regarding refunds for postponed or rescheduled shows.
For More Information
Your health and safety is our top priority. If you have specific questions about these procedures and protocols, please direct inquiries to our Resort Services team via our contact form.