Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant Won International Entertainment Buyers Association Casino of the Year Award
November 6, 2019
DURANT, Okla. (Nov.6, 2019) – The International Entertainment Buyers Association (IEBA) concluded its 49th Annual Conference on October 29 with its Honors & Awards Ceremony. The Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant won Casino of the Year. This is its first time winning the prestigious industry award after being nominated four years in a row.
“We are extremely honored to win the Casino of the Year award by our industry peers, states Frank Deal, assistant general manager at Choctaw Casino & Resort- Durant. “It means so much to our team. This award spotlights the hard work and dedication our staff puts in every day to bring the best entertainment to southeastern Oklahoma.”
Sixteen other winners were announced for various entertainment awards varying from Club of the Year to Fair of the Year and others. The IEBA Industry Awards, celebrate those who work tirelessly behind the scenes of the concert business.
Other casinos that were nominated in Casino of the Year category were:
- Agua Caliente Resort Casino Spa – Rancho Mirage, CA
- Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa – Atlantic City, NJ
- Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant, OK
- Foxwoods Resort Casino – Mashantucket, CT
- Parx Casino – Bensalem, PA
- River Spirit Casino Resort – Tulsa, OK
- Seven Feathers Casino Resort – Canyonville, OR
- Treasure Island Resort & Casino – Welch, MN
Other winners included:
- Club of the Year – Troubadour – West Hollywood, CA
- Ryman Auditorium Theater of the Year – The Fox Theatre – Atlanta, GA
- Arena of the Year – Bridgestone Arena – Nashville, TN
- Amphitheater of the Year – Red Rocks Amphitheatre – Morrison, CO
- Fair of the Year – Ohio State Fair – Columbus, OH
- Festival of the Year – Stagecoach – Indio, CA
- Club Buyer of the Year – Josh Moore – The Bowery Presents
- Casino Buyer of the Year – Lori Otelsberg – Signature Entertainment
- Corporate Buyer of the Year – Rick Whetsel – G7 Entertainment Marketing
- International Buyer of the Year – Jim Cressman – Invictus Entertainment
- Fair Buyer of the Year – Todd Boltin – Variety Attractions
- Festival Buyer of the Year – Stacy Vee – Messina Touring Group
- Venue Executive of the Year – David Kells – Bridgestone Arena
- Young Professional of the Year – Zach Hartley – Paradigm Talent Agency
- Talent Agent of the Year – Adam Kornfeld – AGI
- Promoter of the Year – Darin Lashinsky – NS2
Photo from IEBA: Tanya Wolfe, Event Center Manager, Choctaw Casino & Resort -Grant and Deana Baker, Entertainment Events Program Manager, Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant take home the Casino of the Year award.
About International Entertainment Buyers Association (IEBA)
International Entertainment Buyers Association (IEBA) is the leading not-for-profit trade organization for live entertainment industry professionals. Founded in 1970, IEBA provides unparalleled networking opportunities and continuing education to its Members to strengthen relationships, foster growth and increase revenue for the live entertainment industry. Representing billions of dollars in buying power, IEBA is an intimate organization that makes a huge impact.
About Choctaw Casino & Resort in Durant, Okla.
Choctaw Casino Resort – Durant is a AAA Four Diamond resort and entertainment destination in Southeastern Oklahoma. The resort boasts new features and amenities as a result of a two-phase expansion project completed in 2015. The addition of the Spa Tower brings the total number of guest rooms to 716. The recently unveiled multi-purpose, three-level convention/entertainment venue offers over 100,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, seating for more than 3,000 people, and the Oasis Pool area with four tropical pools and private cabanas. The resort’s newest amenity is the region’s premier entertainment complex, The District. At The District, visitors can enjoy Tailgaters sports bar, 20 bowling lanes, a 40-game arcade, and a state-of-the-art movie theater. For more information, visit www.ChoctawCasinos.com.