Choctaw Casinos & Resorts Announces Plans to Re-open With New Heightened Safety and Health Measures
May 19, 2020
DURANT, Okla. (May 19, 2020) The Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma announced last week all Choctaw casino locations plan to resume operations on June 1 with increased health and safety measures. This includes all Choctaw Casinos & Resorts as well as Casino Too locations (travel plazas). This target opening is contingent upon key health indicators.
“Our priority of health and safety first, everything else second, has guided our actions and decisions throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and now also serves as the focal point of our recovery vision within the Choctaw Nation,” states Chief Gary Batton. “We are putting all of the recommended safety measures in place to ensure that our casinos and businesses are ready for our guests when we open in the coming weeks. We are taking every precaution necessary to keep everyone safe.”
The following are a few of the Choctaw Casinos and Resorts safety and health measures:
- Sanitation wipes will be located throughout the gaming floor.
- Occupancy levels will be limited to protect the safety of our associates and guests.
- Acrylic separation panels will be installed at transaction areas.
- Associates on property will be required to adhere to personal sanitation standards, including wearing a required face covering.
- Masks will be available, but not required for guests.
- Gaming positions will be reduced where necessary to promote safety.
- Table Games will be limited to every other seat, and tables in play will be staggered.
- Additional sanitation stations have been made available around the properties.
- Amenities within the property will have occupancy limitations, such as shops and restaurants.
For further amenity protocols and how we are keeping our guests safe, please visit our website at: https://www.choctawcasinos.com/safety/
For more information on the key health indicators, please visit the Choctaw Nation’s website at: https://www.choctawnation.com/sites/default/files/2020-05/050520cno-recovery-plan.pdf
About Choctaw Casinos and Resorts
Owned and operated by the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma, the third-largest Indian Nation in the United States with close to 200,000 tribal members and more than10,000 employees. Choctaw Casinos feature a variety of gaming, hotel, and resort properties throughout southeastern Oklahoma. Locations include Durant, Grant, Pocola, Idabel, Broken Bow, McAlester, Stigler, and Stringtown. For more information, visit www.ChoctawCasinos.com
Choctaw Casino & Resort
(580) 380-5967, firstname.lastname@example.org